Do you need a lawyer for car accident cases? You might be tempted to say no in some cases, but the truth is that the help of an experienced car accident attorney can prove to be priceless. In reality, you do need help, even if you do not know this is the case.
To keep things as simple as possible, you absolutely need the help of the car accident lawyer in these cases:
- You do not fully understand legal rights and you do not know what to do.
- You were injured.
- The insurance company does not give you fair or honest treatment.
- You do not get the needed medical care.
The great thing about hiring car accident attorneys is that you do not need to make a payment to secure their services until your case is successful. This is because of the contingency fee agreement you sign. It basically means the attorney pays for everything related to the injury claim process. In return, a percentage of the final compensation is taken by the lawyer.
Some other situations in which you absolutely need help from your car accident attorney include:
- Wrongful death cases are involved or you suffered a very serious injury. There are some very serious injuries, like TBI (traumatic brain injury) that will not be apparent right after the crash. Others appear to be minor injuries but are in fact signs of very serious ones that are going to disable you for life. Always get checked out by a medical professional to fully understand the extent of your injuries.
- You are being asked to sign a release, which means you cannot file future injury claims.
- You are involved in a crash and you do have underinsured or underinsured coverage. This is particularly important when you are a victim of a hit-and-run accident.
- The insurance company is offering a settlement deal but it is not as high as you expected. If this is the case, do not agree with the settlement and contact a personal injury attorney as soon as you can in order to see if there are ways in which you can get more.
- Questions appear about who the party at fault is. Remember that police reports can be inaccurate. The car accident attorney will be valuable whenever disagreements appear in regard to crash fault.
- You have questions about the car accident injury claim and you do not know the answers. Basically, whenever you have questions about the legalities of the injury claim, the best person to talk to is always your lawyer. This is particularly the case when discussing things about the fault since what you think is normal might not be at all correct.
- Important medical tests have to be performed or you need to contact specialists. If they are unreasonably delayed or denied due to the actions of an insurance company, the personal injury attorney can definitely aid you.
It is the right of the victim to be represented during the claims process. And since contingency fees apply, there is no reason why you should not have an attorney in your corner.